International School of Indiana provides quality before- and after-school care on each scheduled school day of the academic year*, and child care is also available on some select days that school is not in session.
ISI also offers a variety of after-school enrichment classes such as chess and other strategy games, choir, dance, girls Scouts, gymnastics, karate, and a range of arts programs from varied instrument lessons to pottery and acting.
All ISI families that plan to take advantage of before- and after-school care programs, whether daily or on rare occasions, are asked to register. The process can be completed through the Ready for School Guide in the ISI Parent Portal.
The hourly rate for child care is $6.50 per student per hour, billed in 15 minute increments. A late fee of $1 per student per minute is assessed for late pickup for the first 15 minutes and $5 per student per minute after the first quarter hour.
*There will be no after school child care offered on Friday, December 20, 2019 or Friday, June 5, 2020.
For students grade 6 to 12
Before care hosted at the Blackwell Building
After care hosted at the Blackwell Building and Taurel Building
- Before care for grades 6 to 8 only at the Blackwell Building from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m. (children taken to classrooms at school start).
- After care for grades 6 and 7 only at the Blackwell Building until 6:00 p.m.
- After care for grades 8 to 12 provided in the form of study tables and homework assistance.
- $20 per day for attendance up to four hours.
- $35 per day for attendance over four hours.
- billed at the end of the month via family's tuition statements
Important requirements for full-day childcare are a packed lunch that does not require refrigeration, plus two snacks for each day. School uniform is not required.
- divided in four distinct sessions running seven weeks each during the academic year.
- offered beginning in early September of each school year with the specific start date announced as a part of back-to-school communications.
- open for registration starting in August of each school year with the specific date announced as a part of back-to-school communications, and registration for the entire year can be completed at this time.
- subject to various fees based on the nature of specific classes, and a full-listing of fees is made available at the start of the registration period.
- invoiced as part of family's monthly tuition statement.