UPDATED MAY 14, 2021
Contact Department: Head of School
Oversight Executive: Head of School
Scope: These protocols apply to anyone attempting to access an ISI campus, including but not limited to all students, staff, faculty, coaches, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and visitors.
Definition of Terms:
Health Screenings use a series of questions to assist an individual in
- assessing their wellness
- helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the school community
- assisting the school nurse and public health officials with contact tracing should it be required
Policy Statement: Effective June 5, 2021, International School of Indiana no longer administers regular health screenings on campus for students and employees, though random screenings are permitted and visitors may be screened before entering facilities. The Health Screening Questionnaire remains a tool intended to assist individuals ages 14 and older, and parents and caregivers of children ages 3 to 13 as they determine if it is appropriate to attend school or attend on-campus events and activities.
Reason for Policy:
1. Helps determine the wellness of individuals on our campuses and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
2. Is in effect until a return to normal operation in accordance with all public health and governmental orders is possible.
Health Screening Questionnaire:
Are you currently or have you in the past 14 days experienced the following symptoms:
- had a cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- had shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- had a fever (100.4F or higher) that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- taken medication for a fever?
- had two or more of the following symptoms?
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
6. Within the last 14 days have you been in close contact (within six feet for at least 10 minutes) with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?***
If you have answered “No” to the above questions, you are permitted to enter ISI facilities.
If you’ve answered "Yes" to any health-related questions, please do not enter any ISI facility. Please notify the School Nurse of your illness.
***AN EXEMPTION IS EXTENDED TO PARENTS EMPLOYED IN THE HEALTH CARE SECTOR PROVIDED THEY HAVE USED APPROPRIATE PPE AND TAKEN OTHER NECESSARY MEASURES IN THEIR WORKPLACE TO PROTECT AGAINST THE TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19.
Related Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html