Season Recap: Middle School Track & Field
The Middle School Track and Field team has concluded an exciting season marked by personal growth, community spirit, and a willingness to take on new challenges. Throughout the season, every team member showcased improvement, surpassing personal bests and pushing their limits.
ISI athletes embraced the opportunity to step outside their comfort zones. Many students tried their hand at new events, pushing themselves to acquire new skills. The student athletes pushed each other to succeed, creating a culture of support and encouragement.
“Coming into the season, my biggest goal was to improve my time for running the mile to get under a 7 minute mile,’ Grade 8 student Shayda McCanna said. “My favorite memory of the season was trying the high jump for the first time.”
Many students reached new personal bests, with some highlights being:
- Hayden Owens second place finish in the boys long jump
- Mehr Iqtidar third place finish in the girls long jump
- Elizabeth Maitz third place finish in the girls shot put
- Erin Miller first place finish in 100m hurdles
- Tucker Congrove first place finish in 110m hurdles.