tuition, Fees, & Financial aid
Understanding that an International School of Indiana education is a significant investment in a student's future, ISI is committed to supporting families from a wide range of financial circumstances. ISI tuition will remain frozen at current rates through the 2023-2024 academic year, eliminating uncertainty and providing peace of mind for families as they plan and prepare for the next school year.
Understanding Tuition and Fees
The cost of educating an ISI student exceeds our tuition amount by several thousand dollars. We supplement the difference for all families by relying on philanthropic support, including individual and corporate donors. The High School also participates in the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program, known widely as the "Voucher" program.
ISI makes every effort to be as transparent as possible about the costs associated with an ISI education. Tuition & Fee Schedules are posted no later than January for the next school year, and families can also access a breakdown of institutional costs, including fee based programs like child care, enrichment, athletics and exchange trips.
We encourage the families of all applicants to carefully review our tuition and fees and to evaluate their own ability to pay school costs for the coming year and in future years. If parents/guardians think they will need assistance with ISI tuition, they must apply at the time of admission. If the request for assistance is not made with a student's initial application for admission, consideration for financial aid will only be granted at a later date, including subsequent years, if the need is due to a significant, unexpected change in circumstances, for example, a job loss.
Eligibility for financial aid is based on a family's demonstrated need -- as determined by important factors such as family income, assets, family size, and tuition obligations for other dependent children. In order to determine the financial need of a family, ISI utilizes recommendations from School and Student Services (SSS), and requires financial documentation such as federal tax returns to be submitted annually.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Go to School & Student Services and create an account. The ISI school code is 4138.
- Complete the application form, submit the required tax documents and pay the SSS application fee.
- The ISI Financial Aid Committee will review the application and determine an award based on income, assets, taxes, family size, unusual expenses and circumstances and the number of family members in tuition-bearing schools.
- You will be advised of the decision by SSS.
All information required is held in the strictest confidence.
We recommend you apply for Financial Aid concurrently with the ISI Admissions application. The ISI Financial Aid Committee considers applications after the Admissions decision has been made.
High School Tuition Lock
Beginning in the Fall of 2023, new and continuing ISI High School students can take advantage of a new program, the ISI High School tuition lock. In its first year, the new program will offer to lock in High School tuition for all new and continuing High School students, at the 2023-2024 tuition rate for each subsequent term, provided families meet the criteria and enroll in the program.
ISI recognizes that tuition is an important factor when families select a high school. The school has taken several important steps to make attending ISI for High School a reality for more families, including participation in the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program, and generous aid packages for students in grades 9 to 12 with financial need. The ISI High School tuition lock program is another demonstration of the school’s commitment to strategic recruitment and retention efforts, and providing access to families of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
As rising costs for a broad range of goods and services weigh on families, ISI hopes fixed tuition costs for the duration of high school will eliminate uncertainty and provide peace of mind for families, and demonstrate the school’s dedication to preparing Upper School students and their families for college.
About the Program
- Enrollment in the program is now open for all new and continuing High School students.
- Enrollment requires a $1,000 non-refundable tuition lock deposit, which will be applied to the first invoice of a student's senior year.
- Families must be in good financial standing to register, including being up to date on all payments and fees.
- Tuition lock is restricted to the High School program only.
- The tuition lock does not include fees. Fees remain variable.
- The tuition lock does not include financial aid packages, as aid is issued annually and remains variable based on a families demonstrated need.
- International Students and Corporate Students are eligible for the program.
- Children of ISI employees are not eligible to participate in the program due to other aid packages.
- You must adhere to the following terms to remain enrolled in the tuition lock program, however special circumstances may be taken into consideration before disqualification:
- Keep all financial accounts current and up to date.
- Apply for financial aid and provide required documents in a timely manner (if applicable).
- Student must remain in good academic standing.
- After the inaugural year, the program will be limited to new and continuing grade 9 students, and transfer students in grades 10 and 11.
- Current families must enroll in the program by March 1.
Click to view the 2023-2024 tuition schedule.
KEY DATES AT A GLANCE
Admissions Application Deadline
Upper School Scholarship
Application Deadline Priority Status
Admissions Decision Notification
Financial Aid (SSS) Deadline
Financial Aid Notification
Enrollment Contract Deadline
Priority Status Enrollment Deposit Due