- Elizabeth Head, Head of School
- Trina Haygaru, Lower School Principal
- Richard Bruford, Upper School Principal
- Dr. Tara Evans, Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Kristen Kaiser, Vice President of Advancement & External Relations
- Jessica Armstrong, Vice President of Finance
ISI Career: Head of School since 2019, ISI Parent 2019
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, University of Northern Colorado, United States
- Masters degrees in Educational Leadership and International Education, Framingham State College, United States
ISI Career: Since 2015
- Masters of Science in School Leadership, Baker University, Kansas
- Bachelors in Theater, University of Missouri
- Post Graduate Teacher Certification Program, Alverno College, Wisconsin
- Current K-12 teaching credential and Cross-cultural, Language and Academic Development Certification (CA Department of Education)
Trina Haygaru is a Midwesterner who has spent many years in international schools overseas, including Mozambique, Egypt, and Thailand. She joined us from her position as Elementary Principal of an international school in Nigeria. She has a Masters in School Leadership, is certified in cross-cultural, language and academic development is experienced in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program and has a particular interest in children learning in a second language. She has visited over 25 countries and has worked in five. She lives in Indianapolis with her husband John, who comes from Tanzania.
ISI Career: Since 2020, ISI Parent
- Masters Degree in Education (Leadership and Management), Flinders University, South Australia
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Secondary Education - Geography, Brunel University, United Kingdom
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Environmental Science, University of Brighton, United Kingdom
- A Level - Geography, Economics, and French, St. Paul's RC School, Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Richard Bruford brings 25 years of teaching and administrative experience to ISI, most recently serving as the Head of School at Suzhou Singapore International School in Suzhou, China. In addition to his two decades of experience, Bruford leads workshops across the Asia-Pacific region for the International Baccalaureate (IB) organization as a Lead Educator in the areas of pedagogical leadership, approaches to teaching and learning, and implementation of IB programmes. He also consults with schools on the topics of strategic planning, school improvement, and implementing successful change in schools.
Bruford made the move from Suzhou, China, to Indianapolis with his wife, Kim, and son, Austin. Bruford looks forward to continuing his hobbies of triathalon training and serving as a swim team coach.
ISI Career: Since 2019, ISI Parent
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish with Communications minor, Hanover College
- Master of Public Affairs in Non-profit Management, Indiana University, Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Higher Education Leadership, Indiana State University
Evans brings 20 years of professional experience to ISI, including leadership positions in the admissions departments for Franklin College, Purdue University, and Butler University as well as service to the city of Indianapolis via roles in the Office of the Mayor and at Employ Indy.
Evans, who left Franklin College as its Director of Admissions in order to join ISI, has generated growth in key enrollment categories in each of her previous positions while managing new processes in such a way that academic quality and student performance remained consistent at the various institutions. Evans has strategic oversight over admissions, financial aid, and registrar offices to fulfill the strategic plan enrollment goals.
A native of Indianapolis, Tara and her husband, José Evans, reside there with their children.
ISI Career: Since 2017, ISI Parent
- B.A. in communications from DePauw University
Kristen began her career with Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity in 2000 as an Educational Leadership Consultant. She subsequently served Kappa Alpha Theta in various roles, including Fraternity Assistant Director of Chapter Services and Foundation Director of Development.
Kristen was recruited to serve as the first Director of Business Development for Willow Marketing Management, a marketing firm based in Indianapolis. In 2012 Kristen returned to Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation as the organization’s Director of Marketing. She was charged with establishing the strategic communications and fund development framework for the Foundation’s first major fundraising campaign in more than three decades. The Foundation Board of Trustees selected her as Executive Director in 2013. As Executive Director, Kristen led the Foundation through a history-making campaign that engaged more than 2,400 donors nationwide and secured $5.2 million to establish endowments for two of the organization’s most-pressing funding priorities: the Educational Leadership Consultant program and a new need-based scholarship program.
A native of Indianapolis, Kristen and her husband, Greg Kaiser, reside there with their young sons.
ISI Career: Since 2019
- Certified Public Accounting in Indiana
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Heidelberg College
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Toledo
Armstrong’s career spans both the corporate and nonprofit sectors, including close to a decade as the Chief Financial Officer for Child Advocates, Inc. in Indianapolis.
In addition to serving as the lead ISI financial officer, Armstrong provides strategic oversight of the school’s operations, leading an ISI team that represent departments responsible for finance, human resources, information technology, and facilities management. She also manages ISI vendor relationships related to those operational areas.